FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY at highly successful Harrogate company!
Working closely with suppliers in Asia and third-party logistics (3PLs) providers in the UK, Germany and the US, you will play a key role in ensuring their great products are available to customers across the globe by being responsible for all stock movements between leaving the suppliers factories to being despatched to the customers from the 3PLSs.
This is a challenging and varied role for an ambitious Logistics Manager looking to join a growing business and gain experience in delivering real results in a challenging environment. They are looking for an analytical, driven & autonomous logistics manager who can manage operational & develop long-term logistics strategy, whilst supporting the business significant growth prospects.
This role will be suitable for someone who is self-starter and is initially happy working autonomously. The role is incredible varied and ranges from managing the 3PL relationships to having to roll up your sleeves to ensure the delivery of the many containers to the UK, Germany and the US.
Top 3 must haves:
• Passion for Ecommerce – familiarity with the field
• Ability to manage data and prioritize a high volume of tasks
• Experience of working with 3rd party logistics partners.
• Overall responsibility for end to end logistics strategy & operational effectiveness (both UK & internationally), working closely with all area of the business to ensure best cost to service model world class customer service.
• Liaise with suppliers and freight forwarders to arrange shipping for  containers on an annual basis – this is growing each year!
• Effective management of 3PL logistics partnerships, building strong relationship with both new & existing partners across distribution, inventory, warehousing & fulfilment, whilst driving cost saving & service performance improvements.
• Monitoring of the warehouse activity & stock control procedures: identifying poor performing areas & working with 3PL partner to improve
• Managing 3PL costs and providing review / reconciliation of monthly invoices from Fulfilment and Parcel Carrier charges
• Coordinating with 3PL Warehouse Fulfilment Operations on inbound & outbound shipment capacity, planning, and seasonal changes.
• Managing 3PL transportation costs, optimizing spend, and building ways to deliver fast while lowering costs. Review / Reconcile / Approve the monthly invoices for Transportation on Mobile and CE businesses
• Agree and monitor SLA’s (service level agreements) – weekly and monthly.
• As well as managing the logistics service providers the Logistics Manager works closely with the Product team to ensure a seamless between quality sign off and products being shipped.
We would love to meet someone with:
• Deep understanding of ecommerce distribution & fulfilment logistics, with an excellent track record of managing & successfully onboarding/improving 3PLs.
• Your experience will have been gained within a large-scale multi-channel environment and you will have worked within a proven and developing e-Commerce based operation that works on both tight schedules and very high volumes – experience of a peak selling period will be a real help.
• A hands on, highly organised & impactful individual working in a fast paced & fluid environment
• A confident communicator who can work cross functionally to drive change
• Familiarity with tariff codes and customs import processes.
• Extensive MS Excel experience
Sound like the new career move for you? Email your CV today!