TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY for an experienced Financial Controller to join a well respected and leading UK distributor based in Harrogate.
This will be a varied and a high-profile role within the business for the successful candidate to undertake all aspects of financial management, whilst also having involvement in all aspects of the business from daily operations to strategy.
- Producing reliable financial forecasts and budgets for business and monthly P&L and cash flow forecasting. Multi-Currency Ledgers, Banking.
- Foreign Currency, VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales.
- Analysing performance against budget and identifying issues and solutions.
- Producing management accounts as well as preparing year end audit file and trial balance.
- Working with the Directors to execute business strategies.
- Controlling cost and maintaining optimum stock levels.
- Ensuring compliance with the law and company’s policies.
- Assessing the existing financial processes and making improvements.
- Directly responsible for a small finance team ensuring constant mentoring and also development.
- Proactively take a commercially minded responsibility for all divisions within the business.
Skills/ Experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as Financial Controller
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Extremely commercial and results oriented.
- Proficient Excel user with strong IT skills
- Experience in a distribution industry would be desirable
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and ability to multi-task and ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven experience in successfully managing a team
Salary available: £45,000 – £55,000
An IMMEDIATE start is available for the right applicant!