Our client has a SUPERB opportunity working as a Network Engineer to join their existing team of 3rd Line Engineers. This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the best employers in the Harrogate area that can offer long term prospects and a fantastic benefits package. You will need to be an organised and logical individual with a proven background providing 3rd Line Support.
About the role
As a Network Engineer you will be a be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of our clients’ customer network and security solutions. Service improvement, automation and data analytics are all vital to achieving this. You will be working within a team of 3rd line engineers and will be responsible for troubleshooting, changes, improvements and technical queries relating to customer solutions, platforms and any tools used to manage them.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the business product set, contributing towards the development and continual improvement of new and existing products
- Communicate with customers effectively and on a highly technical level to provide quick and efficient resolution where possible
- Ensuring SLA’s are m and tickets are managed and progressed correctly to do so
- Manage configuration information stored on internal systems
- Participate in an on-call rota and be an escalation point for all incidents
- Develop and maintain customer facing and internal documentation
- Analyse network and security data, implementing actions based on the results
- Ensure operational efficiency is constantly maintained
- Offer support and leadership to team members by providing training
- Take ownership of a problem/opportunity and act on it accordingly
- Work with customers to scope out, document and implement changes to network solutions
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors about internal projects or any customer issues
- Experience with Cisco hardware/software (NX-OS, IOS, CatOS)
- Knowledge of internet routing protocols; BGP, OSPF, etc
- Experience with protocols and technologies such as EtherChannel, QoS, First Hop Redundancy Protocols, NTP & NetFlow
- Experience in UDP, DNS, TCP & DHCP
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals
- Troubleshooting and network analysis experience
- Experience with Remote Access VPN technologies, IT security best practices and Firewalls
- ITILv3 Qualified or experience within an ITLI environment
- CCNP or equivalent
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with UNIX
- Experience with cellular technologies – 3G, 4G etc
- Experience with Cisco ACE, Cisco Firepower, Cisco Meraki, Citrix NetScaler, Draytek, Huawei, Juniper – NetScreen, SRX, Fortinet – Fortigate, Fortiportal, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer,
You will be working 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday with an hour for lunch.
Salary: £40,000 per annum + fantastic benefits package!
Think this could be the opportunity for you? APPLY NOW!