New role available at highly successful and expanding Harrogate company. We are seeking an Operational Assurance & Risk Officer who will report into the Operational Assurance Managers, based within the Assurance team.
- Support function wide Operational Assurance activity, including assisting with the Operational Resilience program, maintenance of Business Continuity Plans, Data Protection oversight and Supplier Management processes.
- Contribute to and support Members Assurance activity.
- Provide assurance to the Head of Operational Assurance and COO that key risks are identified, and controls are in place and working well across Operations.
- Make recommendations to improve controls and the control framework across Operations to support and achieve strategic objectives.
- Support the embedding of risk and control by facilitating and implementing a positive risk management culture across Operations.
- Undertake assigned tasks related to the Operational Assurance activity, as required, to support departmental goals.
- Support the design, development and maintenance of the 1st line Operations:
- Operational Resilience Framework
- Member Assurance
- Operations Control Framework (specifically RCSA and testing methodology)
- Business Continuity Plan and Testing
- Supplier Management Framework
- Support the delivery of 1st Line Operational Assurance plans in delivering and embedding assurance activity across Operations.
- Working with stakeholders across Operations, embed RCSA and undertake monitoring and control assurance activity to ensure robust control frameworks are in place, and work with stakeholders to address any gaps or actions raised on challenges made.
- Provide training to 1st Line as required by the Operational Assurance Managers and Head of Operational Assurance.
- Work with stakeholders across Operations to ensure process and procedures are identified, mapped, control frameworks in place and active testing and self-certification taking place.
- Manage the Operational Assurance and Operational Resilience mailboxes.
- Provide Secretarial duties to a number of key Assurance meetings.
- Contribute to ongoing Member Compliance activity, including, under supervision, executing Member Compliance reviews alongside colleagues in Operational Assurance. Make recommendations on enhancements and contribute to a culture of continuous review, challenge and improvement.
- Feed into and support Operational Assurance reporting activities to COO, Risk Committee and Board. Leading on the production of operational reports, as requested, including preparing them in a timely manner with a focus on ‘right first time’.
- Previous experience working in a similar first, or second line Risk and Compliance role, or third line Audit role.
- An understanding of Risk & Control Management – tools and techniques.
- Experienced in the monitoring and oversight of processes, procedures, policies and controls.
- Experience of regulation and working effectively and constructively within a regulated environment (payment services environment beneficial).
- Previous experience of working cross-functionally to plan and overcome challenges.
- Business Continuity and Supplier Management.
- Industry certification in Risk Management or educated by experience, practicing risk management for 3 years or more.
- High level of attention to detail and high-quality standards
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively manage changes to priorities and deadlines (deal effectively with changing priorities)
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills and experience in addressing risk, control and non-compliance issues. Including Root Cause Analysis, identifying gaps and Corrective and Preventive Action
- Personal gravitas and pragmatic practitioner, being flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Good communication and organisation skills, with the ability to clearly express ideas and communicate succinctly across a range of colleagues, including senior managers.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and upon own initiative.
Salary on offer £30,000 – £35,000 per annum plus great company benefits.
Does this sound like the career move for you? Email your CV today!