THIS EXCELLENT ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED BY IMPRESSION RECRUITMENT
GREAT OPPORTUNITY to work on behalf of a leading manufacturer and distributor based in Knaresborough on a full time permanent basis. Our client is looking for an experienced Operations/Warehouse Manager to take responsibility of all duties and activities within the warehouse and production department. The successful candidate will be a natural leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to drive team performance forward by training and motivating the workforce. You will be responsible for looking at current processes and suggesting methods of improvement to maximise efficiency and growth. You must be a hands on person who uses their own initiative to achieve excellent results.
• Ensure that the production department has a continuous flow of work in priority order
• Take responsibility for all site health, safety and environmental issues in line with policies and risk assessments drawn up by others
• Run order fulfil to release all complete orders for picking at least every two hours
• Ensure pick screen duties are fully completed and the screen is empty at the end of the day
• Assist team in all practical operations as needed, including picking for production, picking and packing for despatch
• Ensure that best practices are followed in all operations including goods in, storage, production and despatch
• Attend meeting with Customer Service Team to agree operational priorities
• Reviewing the performance of logistical partners and ensuring they are following efficient and cost effective procedures are being followed
• Reporting into management on a regular basis detailing all operational issues and performance, including attending operations meeting
• Plan and review work of Warehouse and production staff to ensure they are working efficiently and at maximum output
• Review reports prepared by warehouse staff on output, volumes, failures and any supplier and carrier issues
• Ensure that site including grounds and premises are effectively maintained and all plant, security and electrical equipment monitored to ensure it remains operationally effective.
In return the client is offering a salary of £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on experience, the client offers on site parking, pension scheme.
Working hours are 7:00am – 5:00pm. Sound like the perfect new role for you? APPLY TODAY!